Since I'm taking a couple of days off from LIFE, other than going to the gym, I thought I would toss out a weekend meme, since practically no one reads d'land over the weekend anyways. Well, you know, except for all us people without dates or lives. Cue: Pity Party Music.... Anyhoo, so here is what I have entitled the Fabulous Fours Memelicious Meme That You Will Always Remember Until the Day You Die Because it is So Fucking Fabulous....(or maybe not).
Four jobs you've had in your life (in chronological order because I'm OCD):
1. Music Director for Children's Theatre ("The Sorcerer's Apprentice")
2. Library Assistant at the College Library. I put the plastic sleeves and magnetic security strips onto all the new books we got into our library. I also repaired all our damaged books. I actually really enjoyed the job. It was very quiet and nobody bothered me.
3. Newspaper movie critic for small newspaper on the Russian River. I was so thrilled when I got my official press pass from the state of California. Whee!
4. Salesperson for Macy's. Ugh! I hated retail sales, but I did it for three years. It totally made me hate working with the public.
Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over:
1. The Bird Cage
2. Wizard of Oz
3. The Birds
4. Cabaret (this is a very, very incomplete list)
Four Places You've Lived:
1. Miami, Fla.
2. San Rafael, Calif.
3. Salem, Ore.
4. Sebastopol, Calif. (incomplete list obviously, since I now live on the East Coast)
Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. Six Feet Under (!!!!) I love this show even though its no longer on. Its weird, there's lots of sex. These are my people!
3. Pee Wee's Playhouse (yeah, I know, its no longer on, and Pee Wee's a perv. Shut up!)
4. The Office
Four websites you visit daily:
4. That's all.
Four of your favorite foods:
1. Dark chocolate nonpareils
4. Almost anything Mexican
Four albums you can't live without:
1. Beatles "ONE"
2. Ray Charles "Genius Loves Company"
3. Bonnie Raitt tape in my car. I don't know the title.
4. Billie Holiday Jazz Masters 12
Four places you'd rather be:
1. San Francisco
2. Someplace without snow
3. Someplace near an ocean
4. In bed with someone who loves me. :-)
Four words you never get tired of:
Four Weird Habits
(this is borrowed from another meme making the rounds, so I just thought I'd incorporate it into this meme, kinda like a meme-ectomy.
1. I have been playing the same Bonnie Raitt tape in my car for about 7 months now. I get stuck on a certain tape or CD and will literally play it to death.
2. Germs. Don't get them near me. I'm especially cautious in public restrooms and near coughing people. If people touch my hand I have to wash it as soon as humanly possible.
3. I have this weird thing where I have to move every year. I did live in one house for the first 10 years of my life, but since then I have never lived more than a year and a half anywhere. When I talked to my shrink about it, we decided it was because I'm always convinced my life will get better at the new location. Thus far it hasn't happened.
4. I believe in ghosts. My first experience happened when I was 10 years old. Our neighbor lady Eileen had gone into the hospital because she was dying from cancer. That night I went into my playroom which didn't have any curtains and I saw her standing outside looking in. She was just staring at me. I got incredibly freaked out and ran to get my mother. When my mom came back with me, she was gone. We later found out Eileen had died that night, just around the time I had seen her looking in the window.
I'm also convinced I saw a reasonable facsimile of my Dad at a department store several months after he died. It really shook me up. Seeing him standing in the electronics department, looking through videos. (Ghost Dad?). But the weirdest thing was the time I was looking for a used wallet at a thrift store on his birthday and I happen to open one up and found an old check from 1987 neatly folded inside, with his first name written on it and his birthdate written on the date line. Now is that weird or what? And guess what was playing over the store speakers? "We are family..." So yes, I do believe in ghostly things. definitely.
17 comments so far << | >>
upsy, downsy, upsy, splat! - 2010-05-22
April sours bring May flowers? - 2010-05-01
when finding a head in the recycling bin is the highlight of your month - 2010-03-28
fifty two chances to be awesome...ok maybe - 2010-02-20
its sorta like "Grease" except there's no musical numbers and I'm really old - 2010-02-05