2003-12-30 @ 9:42 p.m.
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Took an art class and saw Naked People. It was fun!
2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make resolutions. I live minute to minute.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My Dad died on March 23. I miss you so much. I love you, Dad!
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada, ey. Does that count?
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
Money. Emotional stability. My very own stud muffin.
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
2/12 - Married Guy gave me a birthday card with "I love you" written in it. Was totally shocked. 3/17- I told him I loved him - face to face (scary!!) 3/23 - My Dad passed away. 11/21 - the Zenshrink thing.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Walking 12-15 miles a week. Having more good days than bad days.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being hung up on a married man.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, I had a fairly significant case of diverticulitis this spring. They found some pre-cancerous cells, but took them out. Thanks Doc!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don't buy much...so maybe some red grapes from California that were really tasty.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Myself. I finally started to feel that I was kinda, sorta, maybe slightly ok. Gulp..that was hard!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Doing music with Married Guy's son. I loved seeing his face light up when he played something well. I liked to think that maybe I had something to do with it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner
iii. richer or poorer? poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
had emotional intimacy with someone.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
crying and pining for Married Guy
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
it was spent with my aunt and mom. we ate and exchanged some gifts.
22. Did you fall in love in 2003?
23. How many one-night stands?
None...but I do still have 24 hours left :-)
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Will and Grace and all those damn decorating programs on the Discovery Channel. God knows why. Ty, I'm coming.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Zenshrink. Although the word "hate" is a little strong....just extremely disappointed.
26. What was the best book you read?
I don't read books unfortunately, but I have checked out some really great art books this year.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I liked alot of what I heard on the radio, but don't know the names of the songs. I did like Pink's "Trouble". I'd always blast it when it came on the radio.
28. What did you want and get?
To get out a really scummy apartment. My aunt and cousins helped me move in September.
29. What did you want and not get?
My very own studmuffin...without a wedding band.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Well even though I'm poverty stricken I took some birthday money and got a facial. Yay for me! I was 45.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
What's this one thing only...I need two...love and money.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Thrift store sales rack. But I did score a cool Eddie Bauer wool sweater which I wear constantly.
34. What kept you sane?
Not what but who...definitely my shrink "A". Thanks "A". Love ya!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Johnny Depp...always and forever. XOX
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Dubya...you're such a freakin' dickhead...can you guess?
37. Who did you miss?
My Dad definitely.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I haven't really met anyone new this year, but lets just say the folks in my figure drawing class as a whole.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003?
Its ok to be yourself, because sometimes people love you despite your flaws.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "I wanna love you the best that I can" (Hootie and the Blowfish "Hold My Hand")
Lyrics by Lennon/McCartney. All angst copyright by awittykitty